Monday, May 1, 2017

Davy V. Handcuffed, Falsely Arrested by Rochester, NY Police While Exercising First Amendment Right to Record


 

Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper


By Davy V.

For years I've written about Rochester, NY Police officer Joel Hasper, and his long history of beating, and falsely arresting minorities.

In April of 2012, Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper was one of several Rochester Police Officers who beat Jose Lugo on Flower Street on Rochester's east side.

(SEE LINK BELOW FOR MY  FULL STORY)



In August of 2013, Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper beat Jonathan Aquino, a Puerto Rican man, fracturing his orbital.

(SEE LINK BELOW FOR MY FULL STORY)


Simply put, Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper is one of those cops.

In fact, as I'm writing this, Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper is being sued in Federal Court.

Officer Hasper is named in a Federal lawsuit along with 12 other Rochester, NY Police Officers, accused of beating a young African-American man, and tasering him repeatedly as he lay in a fetal position on the ground.

I drove to Rochester's east side to get some Spanish food as a treat for my children who would be getting home from school soon.

On my way home from the restaurant, I observed two Rochester Police officers holding a handcuffed African-American young man on the corner of North Clinton Avenue and Sullivan Street.

NOTE: Renemember that the young man was already handcuffed, as you can clearly see in my video below. That will play an important part as you'll soon see.

I pulled my car over to the side, and parked my car, being careful to park ahead of a NO PARKING sign.

I then exited my car and began video recording.

That's when I noticed that one of the Rochester, NY Police Officers was Joel Hasper.

Well, actually I noticed it was Officer Hasper, right after he waved what seemed to be a bag of drugs at me.

What happens next, well, you can see by clicking the link below for my video.

As you watch the video however, notice how Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper charges me as I ask him to call a supervisor.

Also watch how Officer Hasper does the classic "Stop resisting!" police tactic on me, even though I wasn't moving.

In fact if you pay close attention to the video, at the precise moment that Officer Hasper yells at me to stop resisting, I'm still holding my phone in my handcuffed hands.

If you look closely, although it's a bit dark, those are my palms, which you can see in the video.

And you can see I'm standing still.

Not moving.

At all.

If there's one thing I always tell people is NEVER resist.

EVER.

No matter how much you know that your rights are being violated, DO NOT RESIST.

You WILL NOT win against the police.

At least not on the street.

So I cooperated.

Then Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper lies again.

For a second time. 

In the video, Officer Hasper claims that I refused to give him my ID.

Not true at all.

In fact you can clearly hear me in the video telling Officer Hasper that I don't have my ID on me, that's it's in my car.

Although the video is edited down for time, I was detained, handcuffed in the back of a Rochester, NY Police cruiser for close to 35 minutes.

Rochester, NY Police Officer Joel Hasper issued me three citations.

Jay walking.

Tinted windows.

And leaving my car "unattended."

As you can see in the photos below, the handcuffs were placed so tight that they left marks.

Also, and I believe this was intentional, instead of the handcuffs being placed around my wrists, they actually placed the handcuffs, tight around my actual hands, which caused a lot of pain, tingling, and numbness.

I will be updating this story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


CLICK LINK BELOW TO WATCH VIDEO 



Follow me on twitter